The Institute for Democracy and Conflict Resolution benefits from developing relationships with organisations that have complementary interests, knowledge and skills.
Internationally, The IDCR is part of the
- UNDP’s Oslo Governance Centre’s Governance Assessment Portal
- Network of Democracy Research Institutes
- The Westminster Consortium for Parliaments and Democracy
The Director and other academic staff in the University have worked and continue to work on projects with the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA), a 25-Member inter-governmental organisation based in Stockholm that works on democracy, elections, and constitutions. The IDCR currently has a project on assessing the democratic accountability of service delivery.
The IDCR is forming new relationships with
- Greater London and East Anglia Mediation
- Benetech Initiative
- The Essex Transitional Justice Network
- The United Nations Peacekeeping Law Reform Project
- The Essex Business and Human Rights Project
- Human Rights Clinic
- The International Business and Diplomatic Exchange
- Glowinkowski International
- Council for Assisting Refugee Academics (CARA)
- The German Development Institute
- Tactical Technology Collective
The Institute is keen to develop new relationships with organisations throughout the world working on all issues directly and indirectly related to democracy and conflict resolution. Any organisation interested in working with the Institute, please contact us.