With the benefit of support from the University of Essex Knowledge Transfer Innovation Fund (KTIF) the Institute has commissioned a series of briefing papers on a range of topics related to democracy, justice, human rights, conflict, foreign policy, and other issues.
The briefing papers summarise dominant trends, key debates and findings, and their practical implications for work being carried out by think tanks, policy makers, non-governmental organisations, and businesses.
The IDCR encourages the submission of additional papers for this series. For more information, please contact the IDCR by clicking HERE.
Key topics thus far include (CLICK on the TITLE to download a PDF):
- Democracy: Concepts, Measures and Relationships ~ Professor Todd Landman (Government, IDCR)
- Contemporary Issues in UN Peacekeeping and International Law ~ Scott Shearan (School of Law at Essex)
- Attitudes towards British Involvement in Afghanistan ~ Dr. Tom Scotto (Government at Essex), Jason Reifler (Georgia State University), Professor Harold Clarke(University of Texas at Dallas), Julio Amador Diaz Lopez (Government at Essex), Professor David Sanders (Government at Essex), Professor Marianne Stewart (University of Texas at Dallas) and Professor Paul Whiteley (Government at Essex).
- The Growing Contribution of Technology to Democracy and Conflict Resolution ~ Jonathan Crook (Cyberalpha)
- Electoral Corruption ~ Dr Sarah Birch (Government at Essex)
- The Importance of Parties and Party System Institutionalization in New Democracies ~ Dr. Natasha Ezrow (Government at Essex)
- Transitional Justice: Key Concepts, Processes and Challenges ~ Dr. Clara Sandoval (School of Law at Essex)
- Gender and Democracy ~ Professor Vicky Randall (Government at Essex)
- Why It’s Good to Talk – An Introduction to Mediation ~ Helen Menezes (Greater London and East Anglia Mediation, GLEAMED)
- The Political Economy of Opium in Afghanistan ~ Dr. Vincenzo Bove, AXA Postdoctoral Fellow (Government at Essex).
- Technology, Terrorism, Counter Terrorism and the Implications for Ethics and Human Rights ~ Jonathan Crook, Cyberalpha.
Additional Briefing Papers:
- Providing the Rights Troops and Equipment for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions ~ Jonathan Crook, Cyberalpha.
- Women’s Organisations and Peace Operations ~ Dr Ismene Gizelis (Government at Essex)